The Priory Medical Centre offers a full range of general medical services to a population whose needs are varied. Surgeries and home visits take place Monday to Friday. If you require urgent medical assistance when the surgery is closed please call the NHS 111 service on 1-1-1 and you will be put through to the out of hour’s service. This number 1-1-1 is a free phone and you will not be charged for using it.
The doctors and attached staff work together to provide a wide spectrum of care services, incorporating:
- Antenatal and postnatal care
- Family planning and coil / Implanon fitting service
- Dressing clinics
- Cervical smears
- Auxiliary nursing services
- Hormone replacement therapy
- ECG recording
- Chronic disease management
- Counselling service
- Baby and toddler-friendly clinics
- Haematology clinic (for blood tests)
- Child health surveillance/development screening
- Joint injections
- Immunisation and vaccination
Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
Chronic Disease Management
- Additional InformationFull provision of chronic disease management in relation to diabetes, asthma, hypertension, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, epilepsy, stroke, obesity, thyroid disorders, atrial fibrillation, heart failure and mental health is offered. Pregnancy counselling is available from Drs Sue McGuiness, Diane Lathar & Padma Subramanya.
Joint Postnatal/Immunisation Clinic
- Additional InformationThis clinic is held every Thursday morning for baby eight-week checks and first immunisations and postnatal check-up.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 0151 260 9119.